Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I SPY SOMETHING ORANGE

I just finished a custom painting for one of my clients and I thought I would share. This is the second piece I've done in this style, the first one you can see here. I used 4"x4" Cradled Artist Panels in three different profile heights, acrylic paint and a model wood backing. My client wanted orange to be the prominent color and she wanted the painting to tie the room together. I incorporated some inspiration I found in the space; the rug pattern, an inlay on her table, pillow and wood floor colors. Both clients had orange and red as an accent color in their homes, I think I'm going to make another one (for myself) with more cool colors like blue, black and silver. I really liked adding the personal details to this one, next time I would like to take it even farther by adding some photos and quotes. Hope you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers