Friday, June 15, 2012

MERCEDES IN THE HOUSE

If you know me, you know I love cars a little bit more then the average girl. My Dad is a classic gear-head and some of that respect for steel and need for speed was bound to rub off on me. I stumbled across this collection and I thought to myself; what took so long! In collaboration with Formitalia Luxury Group, Mercedes-Benz is launching a high end, highly stylized line of furniture. All of the pieces I've seen have a futuristic shape that's clearly inspired by the lines and forms you see in a newer Mercedes model. The Head of Mercedes-Benz design, Gorden Wagener, describes the collection, "The various pieces of furniture reflect the progressive, dynamic design idiom of our current show cars and concept vehicles, offering an exclusive, emotional experience outside our vehicles as well." Any of these sexy items would make for an amazing statement piece in any high-end bachelor pad. The collection  was previewed in Milan this April and will launch in exclusive furniture showrooms this October, can't wait to see the price tags attached...








I love the style of their furniture rendering, they have the style of car renderings!



photos from gizmag

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers