Monday, June 25, 2012

MY MEGA DEN EXPERIENCE

Hey everyone, last night I watched a new episode of Mega Dens, featuring one of my paintings! The host, Anitra Mecadon, came by my office while they were scouting for locations and she fell in love with a custom painting I was working on for a client (see here). When she interviewed The Vogeltanz for the show she thought one of my paintings would be a perfect fit for their colorful basement remodel. It was really fun working for the show, Anitra gave me a lot of freedom as far as the shape, size and exact colors of the piece. Before I started on the painting she showed me The Vogeltanz's home, their photography, the wall paint colors and some accessories that she picked out for the remodel, this was enough direction to get me off the ground and running! Check out the photos below, and stop by DIY Network to see more on the episode (season 3, episode 4). 


Any time I work on a painting I start off on a freshly organized desk, but somehow by the end of the project I always find myself spread out across the floor!


Below are some of the things I took inspiration from after my trip through the home owners house- photography from their recent trip to Africa and these beautiful pillows and blankets Anitra found at West Elm.


Please contact me for pricing information on one of my custom paintings.


2 comments:

  1. We really love the piece! It's perfect in our basement. Thank you so much for your hard work on it.

    joy-
    Emily V.
    Vogeltanzfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it! The episode was so much fun to watch, I hope you guys are enjoying your MEGA DEN. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers