Wednesday, December 28, 2011

BACK TO THE GRINDSTONE

I just got home from a busy trip to Connecticut and I have an endless stack of "to-dos" along with a house full of suitcases and boxes. My house is a disaster zone, including my home office and it reminded me of when I first moved in. We looked at around 30 rental properties before we found the house we are in now and the biggest thing on my list was office/studio space. Before we found our house in Underwood Hills, we were close to signing a lease on a small house with a big yard in Cabbagetown. No office space inside meant I needed to get creative outside. Should I rent a studio space down the road or build one on site? Turns out, after a bit of research if found all kinds of amazing options for backyard shed/studios. Today is the kind of day I wish I could hid out in a backyard office and cram out some work without life distracting me! Check out some of the cool studio spaces I discovered a couple years back and some new upgraded offices I just found (while searching for the motivation to get back to reality).



If you have a minute, check out the full article on this Busy Box Studio on Design Sponge. This shed turned studio gave me my first burst of inspiration! I was on eBay and Craigslist daily, trying to find a used shipping container or trailer that I could transform into a workspace. 
via design sponge


bolb vb3



Here are a few pre-fab structures by a company called kitHAUS. They come in a variety of sizes and they can be used for an office, art studio, sitting room, cabana, ect. Below the pictures of kitHAUS is an English company that builds eco-friendly garden rooms; they would make a beautiful and professional office but sadly I don't think they can transport the factory build structures from Sussex to Atlanta.




eden garden rooms



airstream via mocoloco.com


I just found this funky pod on If It's Hip, It's Here. Tetra Shed is from the UK and will be available to us in America January 2012.



via if it's hip, it's here



Here are a few more creative spaces from Pintrest. 

pintrest
pintrest

pintrest


I hope you all are adjusting well to work after this Christmas, here's to New Years!

4 comments:

  1. If you keep submitting well written articles just like this then I will always keep returning back to your blog. Really good material.
    office trailer rental connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed.
    office trailer rental new jersey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..
    office trailer rental connecticut

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers