Friday, December 9, 2011

WINDOW SHOPPING

Earliery this week I went to Lenox Mall to do a little Christmas shopping. Because I am offering holiday decorating services this year, I was very inthralled by some of the festive retail displays. It was interesting to see which stores were able to express "holiday" while staying true to a retail brand and this seasons trends.  Some of the biggest trends represented in the windows were color pallets (warm metallics and bold/neon colors), and geometry in materials and patterns. GAP and JCrew also used a trendy material, MT washi tape. Have a look at some displays that caught my eye.

Anthropologie was probably my favorite because they used the most original materials and colors. The second image below is of "snowballs" made out of plastic spoons, silver tape and a foam spear. Definitely a "why didn't I think of that" moment!





Diesel had a very shinny window display full of disco balls and diamond shaped ornaments. They were one of many retailers using warm metallic shades like copper, gold, champagne and gunmetal as a color pallet. Below Diesel are two more example of this color trend from Burberry and Express.





Lately I've been very impressed with GAP, I feel like their current textiles and patterns have hugely improved from what they've been selling over the last 10 years. The window display they have this season is a clear representation of how on trend they are this year. JOY written in neon yarn creates a geometric pattern, they used MT washi tape across on the walls, and I love the lit up bike and Polaroid-ish trees. All together it says super hipster to me.






The new Free People Store did a great job of staying within their brand identity: soft, vintage and feminine.





The 'Live Colorfully' concept at Kate Spade was clearly expressed in their holiday decor. Streamers, confetti and super-saturated wrapped boxes make for a very festive party season!



Happy window shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers