Thursday, October 4, 2012

MARRIAGE BLISS

Today is mine and David's 3 year anniversary! We've made plans to head down to Savannah and Amelia Island to celebrate our anniversary in a couple weeks for some true R & R and the last of the summer sun. Until then, we're going to have a nice romantic dinner at Antica Posta, where we had our first date about 6 and 1/2 years ago.


SO speaking of romantic dinners, I thought I would share some of my other favorites in Atlanta. Antica Posta holds a very special place in my heart. It's small and quaint and the Italian native Chef/owner does a great job with the food and wine. About a block down is another one of my favorite romantic spots Aria. I love Johnson Studio's decor, the stark black and white look has aged very well and their art collection is pretty impressive. I like this place because it too is small and personal.


Now that David and I are proud Westsiders we have some new romantic spots close by. Miller Union is a great place for a celebratory dinner, or if you just want to get dressed up and have a good cocktail- I love, love, love the tiny bar. Grab a couple classic drinks, the pork belly appetizer and most important- the Farm Baked Egg in Celery Cream!



photos via Miller Union
Another great romantic date on The Westside is a Westside Urban Market food tour. David and I love to talk about food and to try different things. If you park in the North lot of the Urban Market an hour before sunset you can walk to the JCT Bar and grab a seat outside. On the weekends they have live acoustic music playing and they have fans or heat lamps depending on the season. It's a great place to see the skyline and watch the sun go down. After some snacks and drinks you can walk across the train bridge and do some window shopping. The next stop is the bar at Abattoir; which is French for slaughterhouse. The setting is farm chic, like something Martha Stewart would have her hands on, and the bar staff is very knowledgeable. If you like beef jerky, I recommend taking a brown bag home with you. From there you have the option of walking around some more, heading to Ormsby's for some beer and bocci ball, grabbing a bottle of wine from Perrine's Wine to take home or stopping into Yoforia for a frozen yogurt dessert.

Westside Urban Market

JCT Kitchen and Bar

Abattoir

Ormsby's

Perrine's Wine Shop





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers