Friday, July 27, 2012

100 AND COUNTING!!

I am so excited to announce that this is my 100th post! I started this blog with no real direction or goals, mostly I thought it would be an easier way to share some of my portfolio and to keep track of design related things that I love. 

Looking towards the future, I have some goals for my blog and some projects I'm working on. I recently started working with my favorite graphic designer, Jeff Corey, on upgrading my blog, as well as my business site for Kayte Designs. This project will include rebranding, a new Kayte Designs logo and two new websites! With my new blog comes new goals for me. Considering the fact that a large part of my interior design work is in the restaurant and night club category, I plan on including more post on the subject. I am very passionate about hospitality design; I worked behind a bar for many years and my husband is in the industry. Looking back on my old posts, I'm really surprised I haven't touched on the subject more. Another focus for me is organization. Up to this point my posts have come to me very organically, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like to lay down some structure and start organizing my blogging month a little better. Even though 100 posts feels like a whole lot for me, this blog is definitely still growing into it's shoes and I am still trying to figure out what direction to take things. I appreciate your support, keep on reading! I'm very open to suggestions as well- do you have a favorite post? anything you want to hear more about? Any feedback you may have is more than welcomed.



1. Here's a little teaser of something my graphic designer and I are working with, curious? 

2. Coming soon, post about well designed bars and restaurants from across the globe, as well as local hotspots and recents projects I've worked on in the hospitality industry. 

3. Time for a little structure! I have a wall in my office that I've been meaning to paint with whiteboard paint- what better time then now. I'm going to set up a big ol' calendar set up to help me organize this blog as I step into the triple digits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers