Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ICE ATLANTA

As promised, I've got some cool artist for you guys to check out from my trip to the Indie Craft Experience. The fair was held in the Ambient + Studio, a really cool event space west of Downtown, it was full of just under 100 (somewhat) local vendors, a gift wrap station, a cool DJ, baked goods and winter drinks. Below are a few of my favorites from the show.




ashley buchanan
These pieces are HAND CUT out of sheets of metal or silver and then powder coated. I love that the unique technique turns classic forms into something super modern.





sweeteeth chocolate 
I bought the PB+C Bar (peanut butter and chipotle) and my life will never be the same. Highly recommend for a stocking stuffer!



yee-haw industries
Great print merchandise, framed art and dish towels.



fernworks.org
The photos I took and these above from her online store don't do this jewelry design justice. The depth and layers Faryn Davis captures in these resin casts are beautiful, each one tells such a small but powerful story.





the argyle academy

Keep artist like these in mind when doing your Holiday shopping this year, go local!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers