Wednesday, November 9, 2011

JEAN-PHILIPPE DELHOMME FOR SWANSON VINEYARDS

I was first turned on to Swanson Vineyards during a trip to Napa. My husband's thing is wine so he picked some amazing vineyards for us to tour but the Salon Tasting at Swanson was picked especially for me and my obsession with crazy good design. The Salon is vibrant and playful, it has an unusual textured wall finish, beautiful carved wood chandeliers, original art and unique eccentricities in every corner. Overall the room makes you feel like you are in a children's' book, a children's book that serves wine and caviar. All of their print design kills it for me from the place setting, to the illustrated map, to the packaging for the wine and gift sets. The pictures below are from our trip, check out the bonbon placed in a shell and the leopard print napkin the the bottom right corner.


Since our trip to the Vineyard, I've been following the creative director's blog, Alexis's Blog. I also receive news via their mailing list and I just got an email with these beautiful illustrations by Jean-Philippe Delhomme (who also works with Barney's of New York) They are so simple but so full of personality, I especially love the image of Chris Phelps the winemaker. 




Here are a few of the products Swanson Vineyards sells online and at The Salon. I am in love with these "Modern House Wines", they would make such a great hostess gift. 






 


Swanson has also hooked up with Vosges Haut Chocolat to create wine complementing bonbons. If you haven't heard of them, Vosges Haut is the company that puts delicious things like bacon, curry, ancho chillies, wasabi and sesame seeds in chocolate. Brilliant!

Cheers!





2 comments:

  1. Kayte, a million thanks for this thoughtful post. We're always thrilled when our style resonates with like-minded people. Cheers to you + hope to see you back at the salon sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bottles! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
As a lover of all things creative, I've created this blog to inspire and admire crazy good design. I own Kayte Designs, a small interior design firm with a focus in Hospitality, Residential and Office Design. We are based out of Atlanta, GA.

Followers